Saturday, February 17, 2007

Being Still

Hi everyone I want to share something that has radically changed my walk with the LORD. About 2 1/2 yrs. ago the LORD started dealing with me to Be Still. I was a stimulus junkie and had to have either the radio, TV, music, Internet anything that made noise. Obviously, I could not hear from GOD. I prayed alright but it was a monologue not a dialogue and this is what The Father is after. He wants intimacy with you HE wants to tell you how much HE loves you, how special you are to HIM. HE wants to tell you HIS plans for you or show you great and mighty things. HE wants to be intimate with you because HE loves you and no relationship can grow without dialogue communication.
In my case The Father put it on my Heart and I kept backing away, too busy! When I sensed HIS calling I turned up the volume or dove into numerous other more important activities. Then the HE started putting teachings and books about being still in my life. The last straw for me was when HE had a dear patient bring in a plaque for me that read " Let us be silent so we can hear the whisper of GOD" Ralph Waldo Emerson. That was it! That weekend I lied down on the couch and said " Father I am going to be still and wait on you." In but a few minutes or less HE began to speak to me and tell me HIS love. I was utterly amazed, up to this point the most I got from the LORD was Be Not Afraid or I AM with you. This that I was experiencing was completely different. It was lengthy verbal communication in my heart, a dialogue from DAD to me. A communique from HIS heart of Love...
Since that time HE has moved me to learn more deeply how to be still and hear HIM even clearer. To pull away from this world and its distraction and dive into my Spirit and be enveloped by HIS presence and Voice. I now hunger to hear HIS voice and experience HIS presence and pursue it many times during the day. It is truly a life line of LOVE.
I have greatly benefited from the work of Dr. Jim Richard's Heart Physics Program and you can visit him at www.impactministries.com . Remember though I started hearing from the LORD before the pursuit of being still. My recommendation would be set aside a specific time and say Father this is your time. Then Be Still Know that HE is GOD and wait on HIM. Jesus said My sheep hear my voice and the voice of a stranger they will not follow. Do not be afraid your Heavenly Father longs to be with you and to be intimate with you. Let me know how it goes and what HE told you if its not too personal. GOD bless JB

3 comments:

Zedjah said...

I love the blog man. Good encouragement. z

TYJ4TC said...

Hi,

Just wanted you to know that your blog really made me think of being still.. Isnt it just like Satan to distract us all day long with nothingness and keep us away from fellowship with Our Faher..

I was very encouraged and enlightened by your blog--

Thanks!
penny

Mercy said...

Hi,
I have been getting messages from God (atleast that is what I believe) asking me to be still and to wait upon the Lord. However, I do not know how exactly to do that. Every time some problem comes I panic and cry. So how do I go about doing it? Everytime I sit alone, I sleep off :(

I really want to hear Him speak but don't know how to get there.